Make a Spring Brights Pearl Necklace by flanking pearls with a rainbow of heishi beads. This is an easy bead stringing project anyone can do. And the result is so fun and colorful!
Spring Brights Pearl Necklace
36 Pearls, 8mm
Heishi beads, 6mm: 15 each in the following colors: red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, navy, and purple
Bead stringing wire, 19-strand, gold
Lobster clasp, gold
2 Jump rings, 4mm, gold
2 Clamshell bead tips, gold
2 Crimp beads, gold
Jump ring opener
1. To get started, cut a 20″ length of bead stringing wire. Place one clamshell bead tip on the end of the wire so the wire comes up through the bottom opening in the clamshell bead tip. Then place a crimp bead on the end of the wire. Press the crimp bead closed with the chain-nose pliers. Slide the clamshell bead tip up over the crimp bead and gently press it closed using the chain-nose pliers.
2. Slide a pearl onto the other end of the wire, followed by 3 red heishi beads. Next slide on a pearl then 3 orange heishi beads. Continue beading by sliding on a pearl followed by three heishis using the color pattern: Red – Orange – Yellow – Green – Turquoise – Navy – Purple. Then repeat the color pattern until 16″ of beads are on the bead stringing wire. It’s a rainbow!
3. Place a clamshell bead tip on the end of the wire as before. Then slide on a crimp bead.
Slide the clamshell bead tip all the way down to the beads removing any slack. Then slide the crimp bead into the clamshell and press the crimp bead closed. Trim the end of the wire with the wire cutters. Slide the clamshell bead tip up over the crimp bead and gently press it closed using the chain-nose pliers.
4. Open a jump ring using the jump ring opener. Slide it through the clamshell bead tip loops on one end of the necklace. Use the chain-nose pliers to press the jump ring closed.
5. Open a jump ring using the jump ring opener. Slide it through the clamshell bead tip loops on the other end of the necklace. Then slide the lobster clasp into the open jump ring. Use the chain-nose pliers to press the jump ring closed.
We love how the bright colors pop next to the white pearls. Wouldn’t this be fun to wear with blue jeans and a t-shirt? Let us know what you think of the Spring Brights Pearl Necklace. We love hearing from you and are here to help you!
Jennifer & Kitty