We love the look of fancy pearl and embroidery headbands. Here’s how to make your own Appliqué Headband using pretty appliqués from the fabric store.
Here’s a video we made showing how we did this project. Follow along with us as we make this Appliqué Headband, then use the steps below to make your own!
How To Make An Appliqué Headband
Headband (ours came covered in ribbon)
Set of two flower appliques (We got ours at Joann’s)
Felt (color to match appliqués)
Beacon Adhesive’s Fabri-tac Fabric Glue
1. Pick out some pretty appliques from the store. We found ours at Joann’s and they are made by Simplicity. Trace the appliques onto the felt using the ballpoint pen. (We used white felt to match our appliques.)
2. Cut the felt shapes out. These will become the backing for the appliques on the headband.
3. Apply glue all over the back of one of the appliqués. We love FabriTac for this project.
4. Press the applique onto the headband.
5. Sandwich the headband between the gluey appliqué and the felt backing. Let dry.
6. Repeat for the second appliqué.