Learn to make an Endless Necklace. This necklace has no clasp, so you can wear any side in the front. It’s easy to make and even easier to put on and take off. You simply slip it on and off over your head. And you can make it with beads you already have!
Here’s a video tutorial we made for this Endless Necklace. In it, we’ll show you how to use FireLine as your beading thread, how to join the ends of the necklace, and how to secure the knots with glue.
Video How-to: Endless Beaded Necklace
Disclosure: This post has some affiliate links for products we think you’ll like. Even if you don’t want to buy the items online, we think it’s helpful to see what they look like, so you can buy them at your local craft store. If you make a purchase from one of these links, we’ll make a small commission. There is no additional cost to you at all, but it helps us a little so we can pay for our web hosting and the tools and materials we use in these videos and blog posts. All opinions are our own from our own personal experience.
How To Make An Endless Beaded Necklace
1. To get started, thread a needle onto a 40″ piece of FireLine. FireLine is a thread specifically made for beading. It is great for bead stringing and bead weaving. FireLine is much stronger than regular thread, so we recommend it for this project.
2. Place a Bead Bug on the other end of the thread. This will keep the beads from sliding off the end. You could use a piece of masking tape instead.
3. Feed the beads onto the FireLine. The design of this Endless Necklace is random beads from our bead stash. It’s a great way to use up your beads! You could also make an Endless Necklace using all the same beads.
4. Add beads at random until you have 30″ of the FireLine beaded.
5. Feed the needle through the very first bead you put on the FireLine.
6. This is how we are going to join the ends together.
7. Pull the threads to tighten up the necklace.
8. You will have a thread coming out of each side of the center bead at the join.
9. Tie a knot on each side of that center bead. We use a double half hitch. To make a half hitch knot, make a loop over the beaded string then bring the tail around to the back of the loop and come up through the loop. Then make a second knot like this right on top of the first. (Watch the video to see how we did it!)
10. Tie these same two knots on the other side of the bead with the other end of the thread.
11. Put a few drops of jewelry glue on each knot.
12. Feed the loose ends of the thread through a few beads then trim.
You can make this necklace with any beads. And you can make it longer or shorter as long as it fits over you head since there’s no clasp. Let us know how you like it! Leave us a comment.
Jennifer & Kitty