We love making briolette earrings. These faceted teardrop beads are so elegant and make pretty dangly earrings. Try your hand at making your own. It’s easy. We’ll show you how!
Follow along with the video we made “How To Make Briolette Earrings.” Then follow the steps below to make your own!
How To Make Briolette Earrings
2 Faceted briolette beads
2 Bicone crystals, 4mm
2 Earring wires
1. Cut a 5″ length of wire. Feed it through the top of the briolette, centering the bead on the wire.
2. With your fingers, bend the wire ends up over the pointy top of the briolette so they criss cross.
3. Bend one wire straight up. Then wrap the other wire around the first two times. Trim the end of that wire with the wire cutters.
4. Slide a crystal bicone on the remaining wire.
5. Using the round-nose pliers, bend the remaining wire over 90 degrees. Grasp the wire above the bend with the round-nose pliers and bend the end over the pliers to create a half loop. Reposition the pliers, placing the bottom jaws of the pliers in the partial loop and complete the loop. Grasp the loop flat with the pliers and use your fingers to wrap the end of the wire around twice. Trim the end.
6. Open the loop of the earring wire and slide on the dangly bicone and briolette. Close the earring wire loop. Repeat to make a second earring.
Once you learn how to make these fast and easy briolette earrings, you can turn pairs of any top-drilled beads into your own elegant briolette earrings. They make great gifts too!
To see more of our jewelry making videos and get our printable how-tos for each one, go over to Curious.com and try a subscription. Here’s a 20% off coupon, just follow this link: http://tinyurl.com/CURIOUSTEACHER20
Jennifer & Kitty
We love getting pinned!