These Crystal Wrapped Earrings have become our most popular jewelry making video on YouTube! So pretty and so fast! This fun project doesn’t require any special jewelry-making tools, just simple wire cutters. We chose crystal bicones in teal for this pair, but these Crystal Wrapped Earrings would be gorgeous in any color you like! Make a pair for yourself, then make a pair for your friends as Christmas gifts. They won’t believe you made them!
Here’s a video we made showing how easy it is to wrap the pretty crystals onto the hoops. Follow along then use the steps below to make your own Crystal Wrapped Earrings.
Video How-To: Crystal Wrapped Earrings
How To Make Crystal Wrapped Earrings
Tools & Materials
Silver hoop earrings, ours are 30mm in diameter
28 crystal bicone beads, 3mm
26-gauge wire, silver-plated
1. Cut an 18″ length of wire.
2. Start at one end of a hoop earring and wrap the wire around the hoop three times.
3. Slide a bicone bead onto the wire.
4. Hold the bicone against the earring hoop, then wrap the wire twice around the hoop. Push your wraps tightly together to make room for more bicone beads as you work.
5. Continue adding bicone beads and wrapping, making two wraps between each crystal bicone bead, until there are 14 crystal bicone beads wrapped onto the hoop. Finish with three wraps.
6. Use the wire cutters to trim both ends of the wire.
7. Repeat to bead the second hoop earring.
How fun and easy are those? Let us know if you make a pair! And if you have any comments or questions, leave us a note in the comments below. We love hearing from you!
Jennifer & Kitty