These easy beaded drop earrings look so elegant, yet they are so simple to make!
We love these earrings. They sparkle and move when you wear them. And they are super fast! We’ve got step-by-step instructions to show you how to make them, plus we’ve included a video for you to follow along.
We’ll show you how to make simple loops in headpins and how to assemble the earrings. Once you learn this technique, you can make all kinds of versions. Let us know if you try it and what you made. We’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Jennifer & Kitty
Here’s the video for you follow along to make these easy beaded drop earrings. (If you like the video, you can check out our YouTube channel by clicking here.)
How To Make Easy Beaded Drop Earrings
2 Round Faceted Glass Beads, Fire Polished Iris, 10 mm
2 Round Faceted Glass Beads, Fire Polished Iris/Smoky Quartz, 8 mm
2 Round Faceted Glass Beads, Smoky Quartz, 3 mm
2 Headpins, Gunmetal
2 Headpins with Loops, Gunmetal
2 Earrings Wires, Gunmetal
1. Feed a 10mm bead onto a plain headpin. Grasp the headpin above the bead with the round-nose pliers. Bend the end of the headpin around the jaw of the pliers to make a complete loop. Use the wire cutters to trim the end.
2. Feed an 8mm bead onto a headpin with a loop, then feed a 3mm bead onto the same headpin. Grasp the headpin above the beads with the round-nose pliers. Bend the end of the headpin around the jaw of the pliers to make a complete loop. Use the wire cutters to trim the end.
3. Open the loop on the large bead component by bending one side of the loop toward you and the other side away from you. Slide the open loop into the loop at the bottom of the 8mm bead. Close the loop.
4. Open the loop on above the two beads. Slide the open loop into the loop at the bottom of the earring wire. Close the loop.
5. Repeat to make a second earring.