We love these breezy leaf and bead earrings. So easy to wear. And easy to make! We’ll show you how!
Here’s a step by step video we made show how to attach the leaf charms to an eye pin, how to add the beads, and attach the beads to the earring wire. These go together fast!
How To Make These Easy Beaded Leaf Earrings
2 Antique brass leaf charms (with patina)
2 Turquoise beads
2 Wood beads
2 Eye pin headpins, antique brass
2 Earring wires, antique brass
1. To get started, slide a pearl onto the eye pin. An eye pin is a headpin with a loop at one end.
2. Next slide on the wood bead and the turquoise bead.
3. Make a simple loop in the eye pin by grasping the pin wire just above the last bead using the round-nose pliers. Use your fingers to pull the wire over the round-nose pliers making a 90-degree bend in the wire.
4. Reposition the round-nose pliers to the top of the bend and grasp the wire. Pull the tail of the wire over the top jaw of the pliers.
5. Pull the wire all the way around the top jaw of the pliers to form a loop.
6. Trim the excess wire with the wire cutters.
7. Use the round-nose pliers and the chain-nose pliers to open the jump ring on the leaf charm.
8. Slide the jump ring onto the eye pin adjacent to the turquoise bead.
9. Close the jump ring.
10. Open the loop on the earring wire.
11. Slide on the other side of the eye pin, then close the loop.
Aren’t these so pretty! We love the natural wood, pearl, and turquoise materials and how they look together. We post a new jewelry tutorial every week. Any requests? Leave us a comment! We’d love to hear from you!
Jennifer & Kitty