You can always spot a gift from Jennifer under the tree by her big beautiful bows! Learn to tie a big bow and make all your presents look like they were wrapped by the pros!
Here’s a video to show how we do it!
1. Start by using real fabric ribbon. It barely costs more than the drugstore stuff and looks so much richer!
2. To make a fluffy bow, pinch 2-inches from the end of the ribbon between your index finger and thumb. Twist the ribbon between your finger and thumb.
3. Make a loop up over your thumb, pull the ribbon back between your thumb and index finger, and twist beneath the piece that’s already there. This small loop will stay at the center of the bow.
4. Next start making big loops, twisting and pinching between your thumb and index finger each time. Make lots of loops! The bow shown has about 16 loops.
5. To finish the bow, tie a 6-inch length of ribbon or floral wire around the pinched part inside of the loops and secure. Leave the ends free and use them to tie the bow onto your package.
Optional: Cut two or three of the lowest loops in half by sliding your scissors into the loop, sliding the blade out to the end, and cutting. Let those tails hang from the bottom of the bow.