Capture a butterfly in your own sparkling Butterfly Bottle Cap Ring and Necklace! Make a pendant and a ring using butterfly stickers, glitter, and Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. It is kind of magical!
How To Make The Butterfly Bottle Cap Ring & Necklace
Materials To Make The Necklace & The Ring
2 bottle caps
tiny butterfly stickers that fit inside bottle caps
2 sheets of pretty scrapbook paper
18″ purple satin ribbon, 1/8″ wide
1 pendant bail
1 ring blank
2 fun charms (we used a key and a heart)
pink fine glitter
blue fine glitter
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
Beacon’s Quick Grip Glue (for Mom or Dad to use)
Steps To Make The Necklace
1. Trace a bottle cap onto a piece of scrapbook paper. Cut the circle out and trim it until it fits inside the bottle cap.
2. Decorate the circle of paper with the butterfly stickers.
3. Glue the butterfly circle into the bottle cap.
4. Squeeze Mod Podge Dimensional Magic over the butterfly circle inside the bottle cap.
5. Sprinkle with glitter. Let dry for 24 hours.
6. Have Mom or Dad help you glue the bail onto the back of the bottle cap using the Quick Grip Glue. Let dry.
7. Feed the ribbon through the bail. Slide the charms onto the ribbon. Tie the necklace on with a bow.
Make a ring the same way by gluing a bottle cap onto a ring blank!
What’s a bail? A bail is a metal loop you can glue onto your pendant so you can hang it on a necklace. You can find them at the craft store.
We love getting pinned!