Catch some fishy friends in a recycled jar aquarium!
How To Make A Jar Aquarium
1 plastic mayonnaise jar
blue craft foam
yellow craft foam
purple craft foam
sequins: blue, turquoise, green, gold, orange, red, and purple
1 orange pipe cleaner
4 googly eyes, 10mm
white craft glue
black Sharpie pen
1. Cut a big fish out of the blue craft foam and a small fish out of the yellow craft foam. (Draw your own or use the templates at the end of this post.)
2. To add fish scales, glue rows of overlapping sequins on each fish. Glue blue, turquoise, and green ones on the blue fish. Glue gold, orange, and red sequins on the yellow fish. Leave the faces plain.
3. Glue 1 googly eye onto each fish’s face. Add a smile with the Sharpie pen.
4. Cut 2 clamshells out of the purple craft foam. Glue 2 googly eyes onto a piece of purple craft foam and trim around them. Glue the back of the clamshells together. Tuck the eyes inside the clam and glue in place. Glue purple sequins on the top shell of the clam.
5. Bend the pipe cleaner into the shape of a piece of coral.
6. Cut two pieces of fishing line about 2” and 3” long. Tape one end of the fishing line to each fish and dangle them in the jar to see out how long the fishing line should be. Cut the line and tape the end to the underside of the jar lid.
7. Pour sand into the bottom of jar. Set the coral and the clam on the sand. Screw the lid back on the jar.
Our little friends Charlie and Sellers each made their own Fishy Friends Jar Aquarium. Look how cute they turned out!!
Sellers made hers with a big red fish!
Charlie make a googly eyed flounder!
Here are the templates we used:
We love getting Pinned!