Make a clever bottle sling decorated with your name and creatures from the sea.
This fun kid craft is from our Amazon Kindle book Big Blast Of Kid Crafts! If you’d like to see the whole book, check it out here.
How To Make Your Own Water Bottle Holder
16.9 ounce water bottle
Purple craft foam
Self-adhesive craft foam shapes of dolphins, starfishes, and waves
Self-adhesive craft foam alphabet
4 feet neon green plastic rex lace
15-20 plastic pony beads
1. Wrap the purple craft foam around the water bottle. Mark the right size on the craft foam with a pen and cut a piece to fit around the bottle.
2. Use the hole punch to punch 8 holes evenly-spaced on all 4 sides of the purple craft foam wrapper.
3. Cut a piece of rex lace about 3 feet long. Use it to lace the short sides of the purple wrapper together from top to bottom like you would lace a shoe. Tie the ends together in a knot. Slide pony beads onto the ends of the rex lace. Tie another knot to hold them on.
4. Cut another piece of rex lace about 2 feet long and lace it around the top edge of the purple wrapper. Tie the ends in a knot. To make a handle, feed a pony bead onto one of the loose ends of rex lace, then tie a knot after the bead with the other piece of rex lace. Tie 4 more pony beads onto the rex lace, then add the hook and tie one more knot.
5. Slide the water bottle into the wrapper. Stand the wrapped bottle onto purple craft foam and trace the bottom. Cut out the circle of craft foam for the bottom.
6. Punch 8 holes evenly-spaced around the edge of the circle. Cut a piece of rex lace about 2 feet long. Lace the circle onto the bottom of the purple wrapper. Slide pony beads onto the ends of the rex lace. Tie a knot.
7. Spell out your name on the bottle sling using the stick-on craft foam letters.
8. Decorate the bottle sling with stick-on dolphins, starfish, and waves.
Isn’t that a fun way to stay hydrated!?
Jennifer & Kitty
Leave a Reply