Brighten a rainy day with a colorful rainbow spool necklace! This easy and pretty necklace craft for kids is made with spools, ribbon, and pony beads.
7 wooden spools, 3/4″ x 1″
satin ribbon, 1/8″ wide: red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, cobalt, purple
1 pony bead in each color: orange, yellow, green, turquoise, cobalt, purple
2 pony beads: red
white craft glue
1. Glue the end of the red ribbon to the middle of a spool. Wrap the ribbon around the spool until the spool is covered. Cut the ribbon and glue the end down.
2. Wrap each spool with a different color of ribbon until all the spools are covered and you have a rainbow of spools.
3. To make the necklace, cut a 24″ piece of the turquoise ribbon. Slide a red pony bead and the red spool onto the turquoise ribbon.
4. Continue sliding the spools then their matching pony bead onto the ribbon in the order seen in the picture. Finish by sliding the other red pony bead onto the ribbon.
5. Tie your necklace on with a bow and trim the ends.
Looking for more kid crafts?
Check out our book Big Blast of Kid Crafts #1: Fun In The Sun! A fun downloadable craft book for boys and girls available for iPad, Kindle, and as an instantly downloadable & printable eBook from Etsy. Only $4.99!
Leave a Reply