Here’s a fun kid craft made with recycled TP rolls! Get the kids together and make a treeful of these TP roll owls!
Materials for one owl
1 Sheet printed scrapbook paper
Scrap yellow paper
2 Self-adhesive gems
2 Flower stickers
1. Paint the TP roll and let dry. Push the ends in on one side to make the “ears”.
2. Cut a strip of printed paper about two-thirds the width of the roll and long enough to wrap around the roll. Cut the ends into curves for the wings.
3. Wrap the printed paper strip around the TP roll so it meets the bottom edge and glue in place with glue dots.
4. Glue the two buttons on for eyes. Stick a flower sticker on each one and top with a self-adhesive gem.
5. Cut a triangle of yellow paper for the beak and glue on with glue dots.
Recycling Fun: Toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls are great materias to recycle for kids’ crafts! Have the kids figure out on their own what other animals they can make. A Dachshund? A turtle? Who knows what they’ll come up with!
Jennifer & Kitty