Here’s a cute craft to do with kids. Make a mouse family with a mom, a dad, and a baby mouse. Then make them their own mushroom house!
small paper plate
Styrofoam coffee cup
craft paint: magenta, white, tan, yellow, yellow-orange, green
1 sheet of pink felt
1 sheet of tan felt
2 pink pipe cleaners
3 pink mini pompoms, 5mm
6 black mini pompoms, 5mm
1 big styrofoam ball
1 small styrofoam ball
serrated knife for mom to use
foam paint brush (for painting Styrofoam and cup and plate)
medium bristle brush (for painting dots and green hedges)
white craft glue
1. Turn the cup upside down and cut a door hole in the side. Paint the cup yellow. Paint the paper plate magenta. Let them dry. Paint white dots on the plate using the bristle brush. Let them dry.
2. Glue the paper plate to upside down to the cup Paint green hedges around the cup bottom using the bristle brush. Let dry. Then decorate the cup with flower stickers.
3. Have mom cut the Styrofoam balls in half. Cut one of the smaller ball halves in half again for the cheese. Paint the three half balls tan. Let them dry. Paint the cheese yellow-orange.
4. For the big mouse ears, cut 4 circles of tan felt and 4 circles of pink felt a little smaller than the tan ones. For the little mouse ears, cut 2 smaller circles of tan felt and 4 circles of pink felt a little smaller than the tan ones. Glue the pink circles onto the tan circles (offset not centered). Poke the ears into the mouse with a pencil or craft stick.
5. Glue 2 black pompom eyes and 1 pink pompom nose on each mouse. Have mom cut two 6″ pieces of pipe cleaner and one 3″ piece of pipe cleaner. Spiral the pipe cleaner pieces around a pencil. Poke each into mouse as tail, the smallest one is for the baby.