Resin jewelry is all the rage! Create an easy resin ring with vintage maps and charms, then encase it in magical, glossy resin.
How To Make An Easy Resin Ring
Magic-Glos UV Resin by LisaPavelka.com
1 Square Bezel Ring Blank, 26mm
1 Printed computer graphics laser film
1 External Locking Washer
1 Micro Watch Part
Beacon’s Premium Tacky Glue
Clear packing tape
UV Blacklight or The Sun
1. Cut a square background image from the map using the ring as a template. Laminate with two pieces of packing tape. Leave a frame of packing tape around the image when you trim. Glue into the ring bezel using a toothpick and the Tacky Glue.
2. Trim the silhouette film and set on top of map. Glue into place.
3. Layer a micro watch part and a sequin into the ring and glue in place with the toothpick and tiny dots of glue.
4. Sprinkle a tiny amount of glitter into the ring (approximately 12 pieces).
5. Fill the inside of the ring bezel with resin covering all the goodies inside.
6. Cure under the UV blacklight or outside in the sunlight for 15 minutes.
Your ring needs to be level while it cures in the UV rays. Crumple a small piece of foil to hold the ring in place. Check it with a level, then pour on your resin. Magical!
Jennifer & Kitty