Want to make a quick gift? How about a memory wire bracelet! Memory wire is jewelry wire that is permanently shaped in a coil. You wrap it around your arm and don’t need a clasp. So it’s easy to make and easy to wear! This one has been featured on AllFreeJewelryMaking.com!
Here’s a video we made showing how to make this memory wire bracelet. Follow along, then use the steps below to make your own.
How To Make A Memory Wire Bracelet
Memory wire, large bracelet size
48 Swarovski crystal bicones, 4mm, Caribbean Blue Opal
Seed beads, size 15/0, turquoise
Wire cutters (not your good jewelry snips)
1. Count three complete coils of memory wire, add an inch, and cut with the wire cutters. Memory wire is harder than regular jewelry wire, so we recommend you use craft snips and not your good jewelry wire cutters. We wouldn’t want your good cutters to get marred!
2. Bend a loop into the end of the memory wire using the round-nose pliers. This loop will keep the beads from sliding off.
3. To bead the memory wire, feed a complete coil’s worth of seed beads onto the memory wire.
4. Next feed on the crystal bicones. We used 48 bicones to make a complete coil. Finally add another coil’s worth of seed beads.
5. Finish the bracelet by making another loop in the other end of the memory wire. If you have a lot of wire left after the beads you can trim it 1/2″ and then make the final loop with the round-nose pliers.
This memory wire bracelet can be made with all kinds of beads! And with as few or as many coils as you like. Have you ever worked with memory wire? Do you like it?
We’d love to hear from you!
Jennifer & Kitty
We love getting pinned!