Resin jewelry is all the rage! And you can make your own one-of-a-kind ring in less than an hour, and that includes time for it to cure!
Here’s a video we made showing how to make this Easy Resin Ring. Follow along as we make the ring, then use the steps below to make your own.
Video How-To: Easy Resin Ring
How To Make An Easy Resin Ring
1 Square Ring Blank, Silver-plate, 26mm
Clip art like maps, postage stamps, & German die-cuts
Chunky Glitter, Blue and Magenta
UV Resin like Lisa Pavelka Magic-Glos
Clear Packing Tape
1. Cut the map to fit the ring blank by placing the ring blank face-down on the map and tracing it. Use the outline for a rough cut, then tri m more map away so it fits into the ring blank and you can see some of the silver inside the ring framing the map.
2. Cover the map with a piece of packing tape on the back and a piece on the front. Seal the edges around the map by pressing them together with your nail . Trim the tape leaving a sealed edge of tape around the map. Glue the map into the ring.
3. Cut the bird out of the postage stamp. Cover the bi rd with a piece of packing tape on the back and a piece on the front. Seal the edges around the bi rd by pressing them together with your nail. Trim the tape leaving a sealed edge of tape around the bird. Glue onto the map.
4. Loosely crumple a piece of foil to make a stand for the ring. Use the level to make sure the ring blank is level. Sprinkle in a sequin and some glitter.
5. In a room away from sunlight and UV light, drip the resin into the ring. Fill the ring blank almost full. Remove any bubbles by scooping them out with a small folded piece of paper.
6. Carry the foil stand and ring outside and place on a level surface in direct sunlight to cure for 30 minutes. Test by gently touching the resin with a toothpick. If it isn’t hard and cured, leave it in direct UV light longer.
Isn’t that a fun way to make a ring? We love this technique. Here’s another resin ring we made: Magically Easy Resin Ring.
Jennifer & Kitty
Leave a Reply