Premo! by Sculpey Premium oven-baked clay, Silver #5129.
Translucent Liquid Sculpey.
Studio By Sculpey Texture Makers, Spring Morning.
Folk Art Enamels acrylic paint, Licorice #4032.
Cubic zirconia loose gemstone, round crystal, 4mm.
Studio by Sculpey Super Slicer.
Studio by Sculpey Acrylic Roller.
Studio by Sculpey 5-in-1 Clay Tool.
Premo! by Sculpey mini metal cutters, flower.
Heart shaped cookie cutter, 1½”.
Deck of playing cards.
WHAT TO DO
1. Start by cutting one section of Silver Premo clay. Condition the clay by kneading it until it is soft. Roll out the clay between two stacks of playing cards, each nine cards high. (Tape the cards together with packing tape.) Flatten the clay until the acrylic roller ends rest on top of the decks of cards so the clay will be an even thickness and the same height as the cards.
2. Spritz the Spring Morning texture stamp with water and press it into the clay. Hold the heart-shaped cookie cutter over the patterned clay until you find a section you like. Press the cutter into the clay and remove the excess.
3. Roll out a 1/8” thick snake of clay about 8 inches long. Twist the snake to give it a rope texture. Press the snake around the outside edge of the heart and trim the end. Use the pointer head of the 5-in-1 tool to press lines into the border, exaggerating the rope effect.
4. Roll out a small amount of clay five cards high. Cut out a flower shape using the mini metal cutters. Cover the back of the flower with a thin coat of Translucent Liquid Sculpey and press onto the heart pendant.
5. Make a bezel for the loose cubic zirconia by rolling a tiny piece of clay into a ball the same size as the stone. Use the round chisel head of the 5-in-1 tool to press a dimple into the ball of clay. Set the stone in the dimple. Press the stone slowly into the clay until the sides are even with the surface of the stone. Dab the back of the bezel with Translucent Liquid Sculpey and press onto the center of the flower.
6. Use the pointer head of the 5-in-1 tool to make a hole in the pendant for hanging. Use the tool to add decorative dots to the surface of the heart and flower.
7. Lay the heart pendant on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil and bake at 275°F for 30 minutes. When cool, paint the entire surface of the pendant with the Licorice paint, then immediately wipe the raised areas with a paper towel leaving the black paint in the grooves of the design. Make sure to clean the surface of the cubic zirconia. Bake again at
275°F for 30 minutes.
8. Hang the pendant on a large jump ring and suspend it from a satin ribbon cord or crystal and wirework chain.
Metal Mania: We chose silver clay and black paint for a gunmetal look, but Premo comes in all kinds of stylish colors. Try copper clay with turquoise paint for a verdigris finish.