Make a convertible necklace and bracelet that is two times the gift: a pearl and crystal necklace that turns into a bracelet! Perfect gift for a Mom!
How To Make A Convertible Necklace And Bracelet
8 silver-plated crimp beads
8 silver-plated crimp covers
8 silver-plated wire guardians
2 Sterling Elegance chandeliers by Cousin
2 silver-plated filigree box clasps (identical)
19-strand .38 mm bead stringing wire, silver color
70 small freshwater pearls (2mm)
20 medium freshwater pearls (4mm)
45 large freshwater pearls (5mm)
7 small faceted round crystals, AB (3mm)
10 large faceted round crystals, AB (6mm)
13 crystal bicones, silver shade (7mm)
8 medium faceted round crystals, silver shade (4mm)
2 silver-plated jump rings
1. Open one of the box clasps. Attach the single loop side of a chandelier to the tongue of the clasp using a jump ring. Attach the other chandelier to the box of the clasp in the same way.
2. Cut an 8” length of wire. Slide a crimp bead and then a wire guardian onto the end, slide the guardian through the bottom hole of the three loops of a chandelier, feed the wire through the crimp bead and flatten with chain-nose pliers. Trim the wire, then cover the crimp bead with a crimp cover, making sure the seam faces the back of the necklace. String 5½” of beads using the smallest pearls broken up with one small AB crystal every ¾” of an inch. Slide on a crimp bead and wire guardian, attach to the bottom of the other chandelier. Slide the end of the wire back through the crimp, flatten, then cover with crimp cover.
3. Make a second strand in the center of the chandeliers featuring 5½” of the large pearls broken up randomly with bicones and large AB crystals. Start, end, and attach the strand to the chandeliers in the same way as step 2.
4. Make a third strand in the top of the chandeliers featuring a 5½” series of 4 medium pearls, a medium round crystal, a bicone, and another medium round crystal. Start, end, and attach the strand to the chandeliers in the same way as step 2.
5. Open the other box clasp. Attach one end of a 13” piece of wire using a crimp bead, guardian, and crimp cover to the tongue end of the clasp. String 10” of large pearls, bicones, and large AB crystals in a random pattern. Finish by attaching to the box half of the clasp with a crimp bead, wire guardian, and crimp cover.
Two-For-One: To wear as a bracelet, just clasp the triple-strand segment to itself. To convert into a necklace, open both clasps. Attach the tongue of the single strand of pearls and beads into the box end of the bracelet.
We love getting pinned!