Moms love handmade gifts for Mother’s Day, so why not make yours a picture pendant? This one is super easy and uses a Scrabble tile as the base. So it’s a great craft for kids to make for Mom!
You can watch the video to see how we made the pendant, then use the instructions below to make your own!
Mother’s Day Picture Pendant Instructions
Tools & Materials
24” Ribbon or chain
Silver or silver-plate bail
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
1. Select a photo that resizes well to 18mm by 20mm. Resize it in a photo editing program. Print the photo on photo paper and cut it out.
2. Laminate the photo by placing a piece of packing tape on the front and one on the back. Rub the tape together to burnish, then trim the edges.
3. Glue the laminated photo onto the Scrabble tile using the E6000. (We glued the photo onto the letter side.)
4. Cover the surface of the photo pendant with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. Be sure to push the Mod Podge to the edges. (Don’t worry…it won’t drip over the edges since it is so thick.)
5. Cover the pendant with a piece of Tupperware or a box to prevent dust from settling on it. Set on a level surface and let it dry over night.
6. Use the E6000 to glue a bail onto the back of the Scrabble tile. Let dry, then hang on a chain or ribbon.
How cute is that? If you have any questions about this project or any project, leave us a comment and we’ll reply.
Jennifer & Kitty