Learn to make pipe cleaner flowers, then make your own ring and necklace. We topped them off with buttons, so we call them button blossoms!
This book has 20 crafts for kids with step-by-step instructions and big color photos. We made it because we love crafting and think kids’ crafts can be just as cool and creative as adults’. Don’t you agree?
How To Make Pipe Cleaner Flowers Ring And Necklace
3 dark green pipe cleaners
2 light green pipe cleaners
9 pink pipe cleaners
3 purple pipe cleaners
4 big buttons in blue, pink, and green
4 small buttons in pink and green
1. Twist 1 light green and 1 dark green pipe cleaner loosely together. Repeat with another light green and another dark green pipe cleaner. Tightly twist the end of one to the other to make one long necklace. Bend a hook into each end.
2. To make a flower, bend 3 pink pipe cleaners in half around the green pipe cleaner necklace. Twist the pink pipe cleaners once to tighten onto the necklace. Roll each end of the pink pipe cleaners in a spiral. Arrange the spirals in a flower shape. Repeat to make another pink flower and a purple flower on the necklace.
3. Glue a big button and a small button to the centers of the pipe cleaner flowers.
4. To make a ring, wrap your finger 2 times (not too tight!) with a dark green pipe cleaner and bend the ends into leaf shapes. Bend 3 pink pipe cleaners in half around the ring. Twist once to tighten onto the ring. Roll each pink pipe cleaner end in a spiral. Arrange in a flower shape.
5. Glue a big button and small button to the center of the ring flower.
Isn’t this a fun kid craft? We love how they turned out. Do you call them pipe cleaners or chenille stems? We’ve always called them pipe cleaners, but chenille stems sound so elegant!
Jennifer & Kitty