Make this Pretty In Pink Illusion Necklace using crystals and crimp beads. This beautiful necklace is made using just one simple technique. So easy! And it goes together fast!
How To Make A Pretty In Pink Illusion Necklace
9 Faceted crystal round beads, magenta and pink, 8mm
37 Faceted crystal bicone beads, magenta and pink, 6mm
34 Faceted crystal bicone beads, magenta and pink, 3mm
15′ Bead stringing wire, 19-strand, silver
138 Crimp beads, silver, size #1
6 Clamshell bead tips, silver, 3mm
1 Lobster clasp, silver, 22mm
2 Jump rings, silver, 10mm
1¾” length of loop chain, silver
Beacon’s Gem-Tac glue
1. Cut 6 strands of bead stringing wire: 20″, 20½”, 21″, 21½”, 22″, and 22½”.
2. Slide a crimp bead, a crystal bead, and another crimp bead onto a strand of the beading wire. Starting about 5”-6” from the finished end, flatten the crimp beads on either side of the crystal bead with the chain nose pliers. Be sure the crimps are flattened right next to the crystal bead to hold it in place.
3. Continue adding crimps and beads onto the wire so that the beads are about ¾” apart. Stop beading 5″ to 6″ from the end. Repeat to bead all 6 strands, varying the beads as you go.
4. To finish the ends, feed one end of the two shortest strands up through the bottom of a clamshell bead tip. Flatten a crimp bead onto the end of each strand and slide the clamshell back over the crimps so they sit inside the clamshell. Add a drop of Gem-Tac to the crimped ends inside the clamshell. Use the chain nose pliers to close the clamshell and its loop. Finish the other ends of the two strands using the same technique.
5. For the two middle strands, feed one end of each strand up through another clamshell bead tip and finish the ends as described in step 4. Use the same technique to finish the other ends of those strands. Repeat with the two longest strands.
6. Using the chain-nose and round-nose pliers, open a jump ring, slide the loops of 3 clamshell bead tips onto it along with the lobster clasp, and close the jump ring. Slide the loops from the other ends of the strands to the second jump ring. Add a piece of chain to the jump ring to make the length of the necklace adjustable and close the jump ring.
If you like Illusion Necklaces, we have more beautiful ones to make:
Mystic Crystal Illusion Necklace
Have you tried to make an Illusion Necklace before? If you have any questions, just leave us a comment.
Jennifer & Kitty