We saw big paper flowers like this one on a fancy Christmas tree in San Francisco and couldn’t wait to come home and make our own!
Materials & Embellishments
1 sheet printed red scrapbook paper red, 12” x 12”
1 sheet printed ecru scrapbook paper, 12” x 12”
8 gold pearls, 8mm
Krylon Glitter Blast spray paint, Cherry Bomb
Gold craft wire, 22 gauge
Beacon Adhesives Tacky Glue
Green floral tape
1. Trace one large petal template on the back of the red paper and one on the back of the ecru paper.
2. Place the ecru paper face up and lay the red paper face down on top. Hold the two sheets together and cut out the petals with the decorative-edge scissors.
3. Paint tacky glue onto the back of the petals. Cut an 8” piece of wire and sandwich it between the petals like a vein with the excess wire sticking out of the blunt-cut end.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to create 7 large petals and 6 smaller petals.
5. Spray paint the red side of 3 large petals and 2 small leaves with Cherry Bomb Glitter Blast and let dry.
6. To make the stamen, cut an 8” piece of gold wire and slide a pearl to the center. Fold the wire in half and twist the ends into a long stem. Repeat to make 8 pearl-tipped stamen altogether.
7. Hold the stamen together in a bunch and twist the ends together. Add the small petals to the outside of the bunch, then the large petals. Twist the wires together and trim, leaving a 2” stem. Add the alligator clip to the bottom of the stem facing down and wrap onto the stem with wire.
8. Wrap the stem with floral tape. Fan the leaves out to look like a poinsettia.
Click on the image above to view the template actual size.
Then right-click to save the template to your computer.
Leave a Reply