We love the vibrant colors of these polymer clay heishi beads, especially when you mix them together. These Rainbow Heishi Hoop Earrings celebrate those colors in a design that’s super cool––and fun to make! We constructed the hoops so they face forward through the magic of jump rings. We’ll show you how in our video and through the step-by-step instructions below.
In this video tutorial, we’ll show you how to create the colorful pattern using the heishi beads and how to attach the hoops to the earring wires. Follow along with the video tutorial, then use the steps below to make your own. And remember, if you have any questions while you are making your heishi earrings, leave us a comment and we’ll reply. We are here to help you!
Video How-to: Rainbow Heishi Hoop Earrings
Disclosure: This post has some affiliate links for products we think you’ll like. Even if you don’t want to buy the items online, we think it’s helpful to see what they look like, so you can buy them at your local craft store. If you make a purchase from one of these links, we’ll make a small commission. There is no additional cost to you at all, but it helps us a little so we can pay for our web hosting and the tools and materials we use in these videos and blog posts. All opinions are our own from our own personal experience.
How To Make Rainbow Heishi Hoop Earrings
12 Heishi polymer clay beads, 6mm, 2 of each color: white, magenta, yellow, purple, pink, and light blue
10 Heishi polymer clay beads, aqua, 6mm
10 Heishi polymer clay beads, blue, 6mm
2 Earring wires, gold
6 Jump rings, gold, 4mm
2 Earring hoops, gold 30mm
4 Ball beads, gold, 2mm
8 Heishi beads, gold, 6mm
1. To make the first earring, start by cutting the ends off one of the earring hoops.
2. Grasp one end of the earring hoop with the round-nose pliers and rotate to create a loop in the end.
3. Feed one gold ball bead onto the hoop. Then feed on 8 blue heishi beads and 2 gold heishi beads.
4. Count out 8 aqua heishi beads and set them aside. Feed the rest of the heishi beads onto the hoop in a random order. Slide on 2 gold heishis followed by the 8 aqua heishi beads you set aside. Finish the beading by adding a gold ball bead.
5. Grasp the end of the earring hoop with the round-nose pliers and rotate to create a loop in the end like you did in step 1.
6. Open a jump ring using the jump ring opener and the pliers. To do this, find the split in the jump ring and hold it across with the pliers just to the right of the split. Slide the other side of the jump ring into the jump ring opener slot. Rotate the pliers to open the jump ring.
7. Slide the open jump ring into the loop at one end of the earring hoop. Press the jump ring closed. Repeat to add a jump ring to the other end of the hoop.
8. Open a third jump ring and use it to attach the two jump rings in the center. Close the jump ring.
9. Open the loop on the earring wire and slide on the center jump ring. Press the earring wire loop closed.
10. Repeat to make the second earring.
Have you made anything with heishi beads? What have you made? We have a whole boxful to use! Let us know what you’d like us to make next!
Jennifer & Kitty