Adding layers and dimension to metal jewelry is easier than you think with riveting!
1 Tall Flower Charm by Vintaj
1 Busy Bee Charm by Vintaj
1 Gold Bead Cap
2 Vintaj Nail Head Rivets, 1/8″ (1.5mm diameter)
1 Piece of Ribbon, 1/8″ wide, 30” long by Offray
1 Create Your Style Swarovski Crystal Flatback Rhinestones, 3mm
1 Create Your Style Swarovski Crystal Flatback Rhinestones, 4mm
1 Silver Pinch Bail
Jeweler’s Bench Block
Helicopter Metal Hole Punch, 1.5mm hole
E-6000 Beading Glue
1. Start by punching a 1.5mm hole in the Tall Flower Charm to the right of the stem (where the Bee Charm will go). Next, flatten the Bead Cap on the bench block, then repunch the hole in the center of the Bead Cap with the 1.5mm hole punch.
Set a rivet nail head down on the bench block. Slide the flattened bead cap on the shaft. Slide the hole in the center of the Tall Flower Charm onto the shaft. Hammer the end of the rivet flat with 2 to 3 blows. (Do not over hammer.)
2. Hammer the Busy Bee Charm flat. Set a rivet on the bench block. Slide the bee charm face down on the rivet. Turn the Tall Flower Charm face down and slide the hole next to the flower stem onto the rivet. Hammer the end of the rivet flat.
3. Add a dot of glue to the nail head in the center of the flower with a toothpick. Set the large rhinestone on the nail head. Glue the smaller rhinestone to the bee’s rivet.
4. Feed the bail through the top of the flower pendant and press the sides together.
5. Slide the ribbon through the bail and tie the ends.
Riveting News! We chose rivets that fit our hole punch exactly. When you buy your own rivets and hole punch, check that the hole size is the same gauge as your rivets! Length matters too. The end of the rivet should stick out 1/8″ so you can hammer it flat.