This Rosette Filigree Ring is a real vintage style beauty and you can make it in just minutes! We’ll show you what materials to buy – the rhinestone rosette, the filigree ring blank, and the filigree rounds. And what kind of glue to use. Plus we have a tip to make the ring just the right size.
Here’s a video we made showing just how we made the ring (in real time). Follow along with the video then use the steps below to make you own.
How To Make A Rosette Filigree Ring
Filigree ring blank or wrapping filigree, 20mmx75mm, antique bronze
Filigree round, 20mm, brass
Filigree round, 16mm, silver
Rhinestone rosette, 10mm, crystal AB
1. Start with a filigree ring blank. This is also called a wrapping ring blank. Ours is 75mm long and the finish is antique bronze. The filigree blank is made of soft metal and bends easily so we can turn it into a ring.
2. To turn the wrapping ring blank into a ring, find a pen-like object that is the right size for your finger. We recommend trying a ring that fits you on different markers and things until you find one that the ring fits on. It’s best if it’s a little smaller than the ring.
3. Wrap the ring blank around the chosen pen. (Ours is a Crayola marker.)
4. Press the ring blank sides around to the back. They might overlap. that’s fine.
5. Put a dab of E6000 glue on the center of the ring.
6. Press the larger brass filigree round onto the ring.
7. Add a dab of glue to the center of that brass filigree.
8. Press the smaller silver filigree onto the brass one. Make sure they are centered.
9. Add a dab of glue to the center of the silver filigree round.
10. Center the rhinestone rosette on the silver round and press down.
11. Set the ring upright to let the glue dry and set.
We love how this ring turned out. And it went together so fast, we made one for each of us! Hope you like it!
Jennifer & Kitty
Do you love filigrees? We have some more projects featuring filigrees. Check them out!
Copper Filigree Earrings
Thanks for sharing the love!
Pam Kerr says
Love the filagree ring. Can you share where the materials can be purchased? I’d love to try it but can’t see to find the size you listed for the wrap or the embellishments. Your tutorials are excellent. Thanks so much for sharing.
Jennifer & Kitty says
We use a lot of filigrees made by Vintaj. Here’s a link: https://vintaj.com/products/category.asp?category=Filigree&QueryLoad=1
Hobby Lobby carries a lot of Vintaj items. You can also find them online. Here’s a store we like that has a nice selection of Vintaj: https://www.beadinspirations.com/vintaj-filigree-c-3_11.html?zenid=rup7rose00lstopk2bvo1esur5
We find a lot of wonderful things on Etsy too. Here’s the ring blank we used: https://www.etsy.com/listing/175750801/10-antique-bronze-filigree-wrap?ref=shop_home_active_31 And here are some Crystal Rosettes similar to ours. https://www.etsy.com/listing/242379312/12mm-swarovski-sew-on-filigree-flowers?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=Filigree%20Flower%20Findings%20Crystals&ref=sr_gallery_13
Hope that helps! Jennifer & Kitty