Glam up a canvas tote with shell stamps and rhinestones and hit the sand in style!
Loew-Cornell “Totally You” small canvas tote, 11″x9″.
Plaid “Simply” large foam stamp, Clamshell.
Plaid “Simply” double-sided foam mini stamp set, Sea Adventure: clamshell, starfish, seahorse.
Plaid “Simply” double-sided foam stamps, Fancy Alphabet.
Rubberstamp, scroll, 3½”.
Jacquard Textile Color fabric paint, Turquoise.
Jacquard Lumiere fabric paint, Pearl Turquoise.
Swarovski Flat Back rhinestones, Crystal, 5mm, 5.
G-S Hypo cement.
Light aqua 2″ satin ribbon, 12″ length.
WHAT TO DO
1. Slide a piece of cardboard inside the canvas bag so you have a nice flat surface to stamp on. Using the sponge paintbrush, dab the Turquoise fabric paint onto the clamshell stamp. Stamp the shell in the center of the canvas bag.
2. Using the same technique and color, stamp a scroll on either side of the clamshell. Then stamp a seahorse and a starfish on the right side of the clamshell. Repeat for the left side, turning the seahorse upside-down.
3. Use the Pearl Turquoise fabric paint to re-stamp the clamshell creating a pearly sheen. To make the design washable, let the paint dry, turn the tote inside out, and iron on the cotton setting for 30 seconds.
4. Attach the Crystal rhinestones along the bottom edge of the clamshell using the G-S Hypo cement.
5. Using the Turquoise paint, stamp the first initial of the kit recipient onto the end of the aqua ribbon. Let dry.
6. Tie the ribbon onto one of the handles with the monogram facing out.