We love this simple necklace made from silk thread and a single crystal briolette. So delicate! It’s a very easy project for beginners and requires no tools other than scissors!
We’ve included a video tutorial showing how we made the simple necklace, step by step. Plus written instructions so you can make your own. If you have any questions about this or any jewelry project, leave us a comment and we’ll reply. We’d love to help!
Simple Necklace: Crystal Pendant On Thread
Faceted crystal briolette, top-drilled
Silk beading thread, size E
G-S Hypo Cement (jewelry glue)
Steps To Make The Simple Necklace
1. Cut a piece of silk thread about 22” long and feed on the briolette.
2. Tie one end of the silk thread to one side of the clasp with a double knot.
3. Trim the end and add a dab of glue to the knot.
4. Measure 16” from the finished end of the necklace. (You can measure on yourself to see how long you want the necklace and use that measurement here.)
5. Tie the thread to the other side of the clasp with a double knot. Trim the end. Dab the knot with glue.
Are you a beginner when it comes to jewelry making? If so, we have lots of great jewelry projects perfect for beginners. Here’s one of our favorites:
Jennifer & Kitty
We love it when you pin our projects on Pinterest! Thanks!
Quality Fashion says
Nice Blog. Very much informative & helpful.
Jennifer & Kitty says
Very informative Blog Jennifer.
Will try it soon. Please keep it up !