Ready for summer? We are with these Summer Beaded Barefoot Sandals!
How To Make Barefoot Beaded Sandals
Materials For Both Sandals
50 6/0 glass beads
60 2/0 glass beads
52 plastic rhinestone beads (like Cousin “Bead Girl” Diamond Beads)
2 two-layered pink silk flowers
2 big acrylic gems
Stretch Magic Bead & Jewelry Cord
Beacon’s Fabri-Tac Glue
clear nail polish
Steps To Make Each Sandal
1. Cut a piece of Stretch Magic Cord about 2 feet long. Slide 25 small glass beads to the center of the cord. (You don’t need to use the exact beads we used. Find any beads you like. Just make sure your beads fit on the jewelry cord.)
2. Bend the cord in half and poke both ends of the cord through a big glass bead. Slide a rhinestone bead, a big glass bead, a rhinestone bead, a big glass bead, a rhinestone bead, and a big glass bead onto the doubled-up cord.
3. Take a silk flower apart and remove the stem and center. Glue the flower onto the cord next to the beads by sandwiching the cord between the two layers of silk flower petals. Glue a big gem on the center of the flower.
4. Slide 4 beads onto the doubled-up cord. Separate the cords and slide 12 big glass beads and 12 rhinestone beads onto each side of the cord, alternating the beads.
5. Make sure the sandal fits your foot, adding or removing beads if you need to. Then tie the cord ends in a knot. Dab the knot with nail polish to keep it from untying. Let it dry. Trim the ends.
This is a fun craft to do with kids! Let us know if you make them!
Jennifer & Kitty