We’ve done lots of Thanksgiving crafts, but this one is our favorite. We call them Giving Thanks Cards and they’re fun for all ages.
This Thanksgiving craft is fun to set up on Thanksgiving Day and craft while the turkey cooks. We like to set out stacks of playing cards, all kinds of magazines, and several pairs of scissors. Encourage everyone to make at least a few cards. Hopefully a whole deck of 26!
How To Make Thank You Cards
Deck of cards (can be missing some!)
Large alphabet stickers
1. Count out 26 cards from the deck.
2. Place a large letter sticker on the back of each card lettering them from A to Z.
3. Pick a card from the deck and read the letter. Then thumb through the magazines to find a picture of something you are thankful for that starts with that letter. If you draw a “P” from the deck you can look through the magazines for a picture of pie, pizza, or puppies!
4. Cut the picture out and use the glue stick to glue the picture to the front of the card. Don’t worry about the playing card picture showing behind the thankful picture. Doesn’t matter!
5. Another way to make the cards is to look through the magazines for things you are thankful for. As you find them, cut them out and glue them to the appropriate card. See a picture of a pretty horse? Cut it out and glue it on the front of the “H” card.
6. For added fun, use a hole punch to punch a hole on the upper left corner of each card. Then clip the cards together with a “D” ring. You can tie ribbons onto the ring for added fun and color.
If you want to add real people you love to the cards, print photos to fit on the cards. Add a pic of Mom to the “M” card and your brother to the “B” card. (Or the “C” card if his name is Chris. Your choice!)
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? We are thankful that we get to work together and play together. We feel so lucky! “S” is for Sisters!
Jennifer & Kitty
Thanks for sharing!