What’s cuter than black cat clothespin dolls? Black cat clothespin dolls dressed as ballerinas for Halloween! They are ready to trick-or-treat!
Materials (for green cat)
Flat slotted wooden clothespin
Black craft paint
Sharpie oil-based paint pen, fine point, pink
Sharpie oil-based paint pen, fine point, green
Black Sharpie pen
Paper, black and orange
Silver glitter ribbon, 3/8”
Black pipe cleaners
Scallop edged scissors
1. Paint the clothespin black.
2. To make the cat’s shirt, cut a strip of green paper. Scallop one edge. Glue dot the paper around the clothespin cat. Glue dot half of a pipe cleaner to the back of the cat to be arms. To make the tutu, cut 2 strips of green paper, 2” x 12”. Accordion fold each back and forth. (Make folds about 1/2 inch.) Punch a hole in the end of each fold. Glue dot the end of one strip to the other. Sew a piece of silver ribbon through the holes. Glue dot the remaining ends together. Slide onto the cat and tie into a bow.
3. Cut the cat ears from black paper. We used a template like this for the ears:
Draw pink inside the ears. Glue dot to the back of the cat’s head.
4. Draw green cat eyes on the cat’s face. Add black lines to the center of each eye. Draw a pink nose and a smile on the cat’s face. Cut a pipe cleaner in half and tuck one end between the legs as a tail. Secure with glue dots.
5. Cut a circle of orange and draw on a jack o’lantern face with the black Sharpie. Glue dot a 2” piece of silver ribbon to the pumpkin as a purse handle.
These are so interesting to look at! Really unique craft!
Jennifer & Kitty O'Neil says