Add a little drama to your wrist with this vintage brooch cuff bracelet. Who knew flea market finds could be so chic?
1 brass cuff bracelet, 1 1/2” wide
1 vintage pink rhinestone brooch, 1” x 1 1/4”
2 vintage crystal AB rhinestone earrings, 1/2” to 3/4”
2 flatback Swarovski rhinestones, Crystal AB, 5mm
12 flatback Swarovski rhinestones, Crystal AB, 3mm
aqua silk shantung fabric, 7 1/2” x 4”
white felt, 4 1/2” x 1 1/8”
lace ribbon trim, 6” x 1/2”
Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
1. Wrap the silk shantung around the cuff long ways, overlapping the sides on the back of the cuff. Secure with Fabri-Tac glue on the back. Fold the ends of the silk shantung over the ends of the cuff like you’d wrap a present. Secure with Fabri-Tac, holding the glued flap in place for a minute or two while it dries.
2. Line the inside of the cuff with the white felt and glue in place.
3. Glue the lace ribbon trim lengthwise down the center of the cuff.
4. Cut the backs off the rhinestone brooch and earrings with the wire snips. Glue the brooch to the center of the cuff, then glue an earring on either side.
5. Embellish the area around the brooch with 3mm rhinestones. To do this, use a toothpick to apply a tiny dab of glue to the back of each rhinestone. Finish by gluing a 5mm rhinestone to the lace ribbon trim on the far side of each earring.
Cuff Bluff: You can find second-hand cuff bracelets at thrift stores, or buy new ones on Etsy.com. Once you re-cover them, no one will ever know the difference!
If you like it, feel free to pin it!