Unlock the beauty of a simple key by adorning it with vintage flea market finds.
Our flea market finds included a beautiful brass flourish and a charming butterfly, but you can use your own discoveries. Look for a little rhinestone button, try a swirl of brass chain, or take the decorative back off an old clip-on earring. Then make your brooch your own!
Pearlized button, 1½” diameter
House key, 2¼” long
Watch face, ½” diameter
Brass stamping flourish, 1¾” long
Swarovski flatback rhinestone, crystal AB, 5mm
Acrylic butterfly charm
Vintage postage stamp
Tools & Supplies
WHAT TO DO
1. Use the E-6000 to glue the house key to the pearlized button.
2. Glue the watch face and the flourish onto the key so the numbers at the bottom of the watch face show.
3. Use the toothpick to place a tiny dot of glue on the back of the rhinestone, then place it in the center of the watch face.
4. Cut a piece of the vintage postage stamp to fit along the edge of the pearlized button. Glue the postage stamp piece in place and top it with the butterfly charm (or whatever charming find you have).
5. Glue the pin back to the back of the brooch slightly higher than the center (so it won’t tip forward).