We made this Woven Chain Bracelet by lacing ribbon through chain and adding charms. It’s really easy, and there are dozens of ways to customize it! Make it in school colors and add a mascot charm. Try black and white with pearl charms. The sky’s the limit!
Here’s the step by step video we made showing how to make the woven chain bracelet. We also have all the instructions below including a materials list. Check it out!
How To Make A Woven Chain Bracelet
7.5” Gold curb chain
36” turquoise ribbon, 1/8” wide
36” cobalt blue ribbon, 1/8” wide
Gold anchor charm, ¾” with jump ring
2 Rhinestone charms, gold with jump rings
Large gold lobster clasp with jump ring
1. Fold the cobalt blue ribbon in half and feed on the lobster clasp.
Slide one end through last link in the chain and tie in a knot.
2. Lay one side of the ribbon down straight against the chain.
Weave the other end through the chain links.
Continue weaving the ribbon until you almost reach the halfway point.
3. Slide a rhinestone charm on the straight ribbon.
Continue weaving the other ribbon for two more links.
4. Slide the anchor charm onto the straight ribbon.
5. Continue weaving with the other ribbon for two more links.Slide a rhinestone charm onto the straight ribbon. Then continue weaving the other ribbon.
6. Weave to the end of the chain and tie a temporary knot.
7. Fold turquoise ribbon in half and feed through lobster clasp.
Slide one end through last link and tie in a knot.
8. Lay one side of the ribbon down against the chain.
Weave the ribbon through the chain links until you almost reach the end of the chain.
9. Untie the cobalt blue ribbon.
Hold all four ribbons together and tie an overhand knot.
Trim the ends.
10. Clasp the lobster clasp through the last link in the chain.
This is such a fun bracelet. Let us know if you make it! And leave us a comment if you have any questions.
Jennifer & Kitty