Learn to make your own Long Beaded Leaf Earrings in just a few simple steps. We’ll show you how to create the seed bead pattern and attach the leaf. So Boho!
Here’s a complete video showing how to make these Long Beaded Leaf Earrings. Follow along as we make the earrings, then use the steps below to make your own.
How To Make Long Beaded Leaf Earrings
Czech glass seed beads, size 11/0, hot pink, turquoise, gold, black, and white
2 Leaf charms, gold
2 Eyepins, 2″ long, gold
2 Earring wires, gold
1. To get started, feed the seed beads onto the eyepin. To feed the seed beads onto the eyepin, we find it’s easiest to dump a few of each color into the palm of your hand. Then tip the end if the eyepin into each bead as you need it.
2. Start by feeding the seed beads on in this pattern: white, black, white, black, white, black, gold and gold.
3. Next feed on four turquoise beads.
4. Follow that with one gold bead, three hot pink beads, and one more gold bead. Finish with four turquoise, two gold, and then black, white, black, white, black, and white.
5. The next step is to twist a simple loop in the top of the eyepin the same size as the loop at the bottom of the eyepin. To do this, slide the round-nose pliers into the bottom loop and note where it reaches on the pliers.
6. Grasp the eyepin wire above the eyepin and make a 90-degree bend. Hold the end of the wire with the round-nose pliers at the same spot on the pliers that the bottom loop reached. Roll the pliers to twist a loop in the wire.
7. To attach the leaf charm to the bottom of the long beaded section, open the loop at the bottom of the eypin.
8. Slide the leaf charm into the loop. Then close the loop.
9. Open the loop on the earring wire.
10. Slide the top loop of the beaded earring into the earring wire.
11. Close the earring wire loop. Repeat to make a second earring.
How pretty did those turn out?! We love them! And we can’t wait to try out different colors and patterns of seed beads. What do you think of these Long Beaded Leaf Earrings? Let us know if you think you’ll make them. We love hearing from you!
Jennifer & Kitty