We love Silver Silk Capture Chain. It is a cool new jewelry making material that is like a mesh of wire with crystals or ball chain inside. It is very easy to work with because they make connectors just for the chain. We’ll show you how to make an elegant silver and gold knot bracelet using this cool knitted wire.
Silver Silk Capture Chain is very flexible and sparkly! To connect it, we got two crimp ends. The ends we used for this bracelet have two channels so you can stick two ends of chain in each one. Here’s a video showing how we made the bracelet.
How To Make A Silver Silk Knot Bracelet
Tools and Materials
Gold silver silk, 7″
Silver silver silk, 7″
2 Gold Two-channel silver silk crimp end
Chain nose pliers
Round nose pliers
2 gold jump rings
Gold magnet clasp
1. To make the bracelet, cut a 7” piece of Silver Silk in silver and a 7” piece in gold.
2. Place both ends of the silver piece of chain in one crimp end. Press the crimp end closed with chain nose pliers.
3. Place both ends of the gold piece of chain in the other crimp end. Press the crimp end closed with chain nose pliers.
4. Knot the two pieces together with a cow hitch.
5. Use two pliers to open a jump ring. Slide on one side of the clasp and attach it to one end of the bracelet. Repeat for the other side.
We love getting pinned!
This is quite lovely
Where does one purchase the Gold and Silver “silver silk”
Jennifer & Kitty O'Neil says
We found Silver Silk at our local bead shop. Lots of online jewelry supply sites sell it too. And you can find it at http://www.silversilkonline.com. (We are not getting paid to promote them, we just really like the way Silver Silk looks and we like to work with it.)
Jennifer & Kitty
EUDICE GERMIANE says
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR EXCELLENT INSTRUCTIONS
Jennifer & Kitty says