Etch a set of numbered wine glasses to ring in the new year! We’ll show you how to etch wine glasses using etch cream. It really does etch the glass!
Here’s a video we made showing how we etched wine galsses with swirls using stickers. This is the same technique you’ll use to make the numbered glasses.
How To Etch Wine Glasses
4 wine glasses
Armor Etch Cream, 3-ounce bottle
Die-cut number stickers
Soft bristle craft paintbrush
Timer (You can use your cell phone.)
1. Wash and dry the wine glasses.
2. Place the number stickers on each glass. You can use any die-cut stickers on your wine glasses, but we chose numbers to make instant wine markers!
3. Make sure the stickers are well adhered, then clean the glass around the stickers and all around the glass with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab. This will remove any grease from your fingers which would prevent the etch cream from reaching the glass.
4. Put on your protective gloves and paint the Armor Etch Cream onto the glasses. We recommend dabbing the cream on thickly to avoid streaks in the etching. Dab it over the stickers too until you can’t see the stickers through the etch cream. Start your timer. The etch cream should work in one minute, but consult your package to be sure. When the timer dings, rinse the wine glasses with water until all the etch cream is gone. (There will still be a little around the stickers.)
5. Peel off the stickers. Rinse the wine glasses again to remove any etch cream that was hiding next to the stickers. Your etched numbers will begin to appear as the wine glasses dry.
Have you tried to etch wine glasses? Let us know if you have any questions and we’ll help!
Jennifer & Kitty